Harold Davenport

Firefighter Harold Davenport, 34, a member of Las Vegas Fire and Rescue was killed by accidental electrocution on December 18, 1955. He was on a ladder in the process of rescuing a cat that had been stranded on a power pole crossarm for two days at 2117 South 15th Street in Las Vegas. As Harold lifted the cat, it turned and tried to scratch him and Davenport reacted by throwing his hand back and making contact with the power line. He was survived by wife, Mary, and daughter Kathy.